Overseas Work Opportunity - Freelance Fitness Instructors
Following a successful recruitment drive for this position, we have now filled all current vacancies. We are still accepting applications for our talent pool. When more positions become available, we will utilise our talent pool first.
At Workout Away, our guests come to experience their perfect break with great fitness programmes built-in. We know what our customers want, and we're on the lookout for inspirational group fitness leaders.
Our programmes vary in length from a short weekend to trips of 7 days away from home. Activities range from yoga to cycling and boot camps. Our holidays follow specific timetabled activities with classes delivered by the group fitness leader or local external instructors. You will teach Workout Away pre-choreographed workouts as well as classes that you will create your self.
As a group fitness leader, you will arrive at the resort ahead of the guests to complete any required preparation. You will oversee the airport transfers to ensure that our guests arrive with ease. During the trip, you will instruct the majority of classes and also oversee other group exercise activities. During the evening, you can spend time with the group or take some time out to recharge and enjoy your surroundings.
- Minimum level 2 fitness qualification (either ETM, PT or gym instructor) with experience in delivering group fitness classes.
- Additional certification for relevant class types.
- Basic first aid qualification.
- Full UK driving licence (required for overseas driving).
- UK/EU passport allowing unrestricted movement within the EU.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK and within the EU.
- At least 12 months experience in the fitness industry.
- A genuine interest in fitness travel.
- Able to carry out light administration tasks and have the ability to work unsupervised within a customer-focused environment.
- Experience working within the service industry in customer-facing roles.
The application process is formed of three steps.
1. Candidates must submit their CV, which outlines details of their fitness experience to date and any other relevant work.
2. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit two short five-minute videos of them instructing different exercise classes. The type of class is your choice.
3. Successful candidates will participate in an interview which can take place via video link, e.g. Skype or FaceTime.
This is a self-employed freelance position; therefore all income is subject to tax and NI contributions as enforced by HMRC. You will be required to produce your UTR and NI number. All payments will be paid in GBP into a UK bank account.
You must be available to attend a full day of initial training in London.